Randy at Genea-Musings issued a Saturday Night Genealogy Fun challenge to create a genealogy bucket list.
Randy’s requirements were:
What is on your Genealogy Bucket List? What research locations do you want to visit? What do you want to accomplish with your genealogy research? List a minimum of three items – more if you want!
So here’s mine:
- Canada: Canada holds a lot of my family’s history. It’s where my great-grandparents (the Lindsay’s) first settled after leaving England, it’s where my Grandpa Oscar Lindsay (Stratford, Ont.) and Great-Grandmother Elise Yetman (Newfoundland) were born and where most my mom’s favorite summer vacation memories are.
- England: I would like to visit the places where my ancestor’s lived, worked, and played. I would like to visit the church my Great-Great-Grandfather Wyndham Rowan Lindsay was baptized at in Wales and go to Chigwell, where my great-grandmother (Edith Basham) was born.
- Danzig (now Gdansk, Poland) and Germany: My Mielke and Strauss ancestor’s hail from this region and I would love to go over there and find records of before they came to America.
- Salt Lake City, Utah: Hopefully in the next year or two, I can visit the Family History Library.
- Washington, D.C.: The National Archives is another place on my bucket list and of course, all the other wonderful places to visit in Washington.
- Big Rapids, Michigan: This is the place where my great-grandparent’s (those from Germany) settled when they came to America.
- Crockett County, Tennessee: I have been here many times to visit my daddy’s family, but never to do genealogical research. Hopefully within the next couple months I can make the short drive over there and get some more research done on that side of my tree.
- Certified: I would like to become a certified genealogist through the Board for Certification of Genealogy.
- Conferences: I am determined to go to a Genealogy Conference this year and take a few classes while I’m there.
- Break through those Brick Walls: Find out more information on my “brick wall” family members. This includes my Grandfather Bernard McKnight, and my Great-Grandmother Hazel Call Mansfield.
© Finding Mielke, 2012